INSTAGRAM TIPS AND TRICKS Edition #1

Instagram is always changing and we are always reading up on ways to help and guide clients. Keep reading to find tips for best posting times, how to get more story views and how to gain followers.

WHEN SHOULD YOU POST ON INSTAGRAM?

-TIMING DOES MATTER, just not as much as it used to pre algorithm. Essentially the only reason timing matters now is because you want to get people to engage with your post when it goes live to help boost your presence in the algorithm (engage 15-20 minutes before and after)

Check your analytics to see when people are the most active and posting at those times for about 60% of your posts. For the other 40%, switch it up and test out NEW times

HOW TO GET MORE STORY VIEWS ON INSTAGRAM?

- GEOTAG your stories to give yourself a small boost, I would say it only helps like 5%.

- HASHTAGS will also get you a small boost if they’re relevant - the more niche/specific the tags the more reach. (video attached)

- POST FREQUENTLY: every time you post on stories you're pushed up to the front of the feed, so it can increase your views. Think of it like breakfast lunch and dinner, aim for posting x3 a day

- POST SINGLE STORIES or MASS UPLOAD: bc of how stories work, if you publish a bunch of single stories back to back it actually can decrease your exposure. If you wait at least 30 min between each story post OR use the mass upload you’ll see your views go UP!

- KEEP IT INTERACTIVE

- RESPOND TO DMS to makes your stories a conversation. No one wants to be in a one-sided convo, so responding to dms keeps people watching

- MAKE SEGMENTS: a weekly series can keep them coming back

GAINING FOLLOWERS

DON’T focus on gaining followers, get to know the ones you have! We’ve talked about creating great content, but you can’t do that if you don’t know WHO you’re creating for. So today talk KNOWING YOUR AUDIENCE!

.

if you know your community, you should be able to answer…

WHY THEY FOLLOW - have at least 3 diverse reasons why like: motivational tips, inspiration, or because your page brings happiness in general to your audience.

WHO’S YOUR GIRL - a brand will always have a “girl” they’re designing for. Like “the working millennial with an edge” you should have a clear idea of your “girl” (or guy) too and keep them in mind when creating. If you have a post that won't relate to the audience your targeting then don't post it.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2023 by Sasha Blake. Proudly created with Wix.com